Monday, October 5, 2009

Housing Preferences

In the last week or two, I’ve come across several different articles that all dealt with unusual factors in housing. One was about the sale of the Ferris Bueller’s Day Off house (Cameron’s) being for sale. This made me wonder whether people would pay a premium for a famous house, or even for a house once inhabited by a famous person. Of course, fame can be in the negative direction as well, and I’ve always wondered how much people might be deterred from buying a house that was the location of a serious crime. Then another article I read showed a bunch of homes for sale that were all former churches, and I wondered whether people would prefer such a house or would they feel creepy about living in a house where a church failing made it possible to own.

No comments: