Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wacky Wednesday--Christians Should Only Read The Bible

Note: Before reading the following arguments, please understand that they are not what I believe. On Wednesdays, I deliberately argue for wrong ideas, challenging my listeners to call and defend the obvious right answer, which is usually far harder than one would expect. This is a summary of what Wacky Andrew will be arguing, not a representation of what real Andrew believes.

~If the Bible is the Word of God, why would you want to read anything else?
~Everything you need to know is contained in it.
~Everything else is corrupted by people or sin.
~If you have the Holy Spirit guiding you, you don't need other information.
~Look at how many Christians haven't even read the entire Bible once.
~Ever heard of "Sola Scriptura?"
~How seductive is every other source of information?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but…

I have this fantasy that the Middle Eastern national governments make an announcement to the rest of the world: “From this day forward, our scientists and engineers shall use the Noble Qur’an, and only the noble Qur’an, as their guidebook for designing our nuclear technology. It is the one perfect book; it contains all knowledge that has any value and any meaningful application to our world.”

I would sleep easier!

Anonymous said...

I don’t see any evidence that the creative Andrew Tallman is running out of ideas for programs. That said, I think it would be neat if the www.kpxq1360.com/LocalHosts/17/ page had a link to a new page called something like “Listener’s Suggestions.”

Over the years I have found myself thinking of topics for theological Tuesday or Wacky Wednesday, but I didn’t want to abuse the existing website pages by throwing my topic ideas onto them when that is not their intended purpose.

Or is it expected that such ideas simply should be emailed straight to Mr. Tallman?

Andrew Tallman said...

By ALL means, please email me. atallman (at) salemphx.com. Absolutely just email show ideas or suggestions or questions to me. I can't tell you how many topics for the show have been inspired by listener calls and emails over the years. =)