Monday, January 11, 2010

“I’d Never Pay More Than __ for __”

I suppose one of the most common new year’s resolutions in this economy is to manage money more responsibly. In that spirit, I thought it would be fun to talk a little about prices for ordinary items and talk about how much we are willing to pay for them, especially when we see those things being ridiculously overpriced and other people apparently willing to buy them. See, I figure that for some people, just finding out that other people think $50 for a pair of jeans is outrageous, for instance, might help them get a better perspective on areas where they are currently overspending. So, pick something you have a particularly clear idea about and then tell me what price you wouldn’t pay over for it. Another way to think of this is to think of the things other people buy that just amaze you when you hear how much they’re willing to spend.

No comments: