Monday, February 1, 2010

Most Memorable ATS Topic

We’ve been on the air for five years (plus three weeks), and we thought it would be interesting to hear from those of you who have been listening regularly (or even you newbies) about what moments or topics have stood out the most to you in listening to the show. One thing that I find fascinating in talking with people is to hear what sticks in people’s minds, and it is almost never the things I would predict. So, I fully expect to be shocked by what I hear today. And if you just want to email me, please do so.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I did not hear the Monday show, so I don’t know what sorts of things people brought up.

Two stand out for me, both having come from Andrew himself. (Correct me if I am wrong about that.)

“Some women don’t realize how attractive long hair is to a man.”

“White Americans underestimate how important race is to black Americans. Black Americans overestimate how important race is to white Americans.”

I found myself nodding in agreement to both of those things.

I heard some excellent thoughts from Andrew on health care and on the so-called Fairness Doctrine. Naum’s neck veins were probably popping out, but hey… :-)

Benjamin said...

I most appreciate the picture of the gospel that is presented nearly everyday on your show. To hear it presented intelligently is refreshing and has caused me to pause in my evaluation and understanding of Christianity. The discussions on idolatry and legalism really helped me to trim away all that Christianity is not.

Otherwise...

The tutorial on logarithms was interesting,

All the humorous sound blurbs-- foghorn leghorn, the old muppet guys, Napoleon Dynamite, and the occasional Anchorman--are awesome,

And from your bumper music I've discovered many great songs:

Be Good Johnny, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, a Beatles song, I Want to Break Free (Bill will appreciate that), Let My Love Open the Door, Major Tom, Bustin' Surfboards...you get the idea.

Great Show Andrew.