Thursday, June 16, 2011

2PM Water inside the moon

Alright, I know that I’m going to sound a bit catty in all of this, but I think the recent “revelation” that the interior of the moon is fully of underground water, just like earth is funny. Not funny because scientists like geochemist Erik Hauri are saying, “there’s something fundamental about the physics,” of the moon’s early years, “that we don’t understand.” But funny because I guess I had never before heard the story astronomers tell about how the moon got there. They think a meteor hit the earth and this sent a collection of chunks of the earth’s mass up into orbit which eventually coalesced into the moon. Seriously? The almost perfectly round moon from the almost perfectly round Earth at just the perfect distance for tides and all the importance they carry for life here? And with no remaining evidence of a sizable missing portion here? Look, I know I’m just a naïve creationist, but it just seems easier for me to believe that God put them there relatively as they both are. Plus, then I don’t have to explain why there’s water under the moon.

No comments: