Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3PM North Korea 2nd happiest place on earth?

North Korea’s Chosun Central Television recently reported on a highly reliable, peer-reviewed, and academically rigorous international happiness survey reporting on the relative rates of happiness among various countries done by unknown researchers under unknown conditions at an unknown university,. The results? The North Korean survey China ranks as the happiest nation on earth, with a perfect 100 score! North Korea ranks second, barely ahead of the heaven-on-earth nations of Cuba, Iran, and Venezuela. The must unhappy place on earth? You guessed, it: the United States of America, coming in dead last in 203rd place…out of 194 countries. South Korea was moderately miserable by comparison, in only 152nd position. As Time Magazine chides, “Some spots are just nowhere near as smiley as the Axis of Evil.” At first I was inclined to be skeptical, perhaps mocking, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Perhaps I have been brainwashed by all this technology and culture and food and not-being-put-in-prison for my faith I’ve been enjoying. Maybe it would be worth trying Cuba or Iran as my spot for a new vacation home. Anyone with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but I can't help but wonder if maybe those researchers forgot to carry the one, or put the negative sign on the wrong line...


Steve in Mesa