Friday, May 13, 2011

2PM The Donald lashes out at Seth Myers

So, in a preview of the sort of composure and dignity we might expect from President Trump (it gives me shudders even to write it down), The Donald recently reacted pretty assertively to the roasting he got from Seth Myers at the White House Correspondents Dinner last week. After sitting there stone-faced while both Obama and then Myers skewered him repeatedly with lines like, “Donald Trump often talks about running as a Republican, which is surprising. I just assumed he was running as a joke.” Trump sat there stone faced but left the room and the following day told Fox, “"I thought Seth Meyers —- his delivery frankly was not good. He's a stutterer." Also, to the New York Times he explained why he didn’t enjoy himself more by saying, “I am not looking to laugh along with my enemies.” But by far my personal favorite assessment was this quip from Trump: “Seth Meyers has no talent. He fell totally flat. In fact, I thought Seth’s delivery was so bad that he hurt himself.” Why is it that every time someone disagrees with the Donald, he suddenly has “no talent?” I mean if there’s anyone at SNL that actually has talent other than Tina Fey (when she’s around), it’s obviously Myers. Say what you will about his politics or his values, but no talent? Please.

No comments: