Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3PM Trump quits

In a sudden announcement yesterday, the fears of millions of political commentators were finally dispelled when Donald Trump said he would no longer be seeking the Presidency. Even while quitting, Trump managed to be as irritating as ever:

“I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately the general election,” Mr. Trump said Monday in a statement. “Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion, and I am not ready to leave the private sector.”

So, in other words, “I could have won if I had played your silly little game, but I don’t really want the Presidency anyhow. It’s beneath me. I’m into greed. It’s what I’m good at.”

If you ask me honestly, I think this was all a publicity stunt, to generate bargaining position/media buzz for The Apprentice and his giant ego. If so, then Trump is trying to make a profit off of what some people might consider a relatively serious business: selecting a President. Can you tell I’m not impressed?

No comments: