Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2PM British navy auctioning off aircraft carrier

On the military version of E-Bay run by the British government, you can currently place bids on the aircraft carrier, HMS Ark Royal. The only requirement (other than financial, etc.) is that you have to tell them your intentions for the vessel. Well, cruising for chicks obviously! I want one, even if it doesn’t come with a squadron of Harriers. How cool would it be to just show up at a party in your aircraft carrier? By far my favorite element of the website is the button you can click to “add to wishlist!” And how. There are three destroyers also available. All I know is that I want one. I don’t have a good plan for where to park it, but such details can wait. I’d carry a picture of it around and show people, “Hey, you wanna look at my aircraft carrier?” What would you do with one? However, you should know that you aren’t the only one. They already sold the sister ship, HMS Invincible. Viewings are May 3 and 4 if you’re interested.

No comments: