Thursday, March 3, 2011

03/03/11 2PM Commentary


Have you heard about what Charlie Sheen said? Have you heard about what he did? Honestly…I haven’t. Oh, I know there’s something going on, and the whole world is talking about it, but this is one of those cases where I have deliberately avoided knowing what they seem so eager for me to know. And believe me, it takes some doing to avoid something like this. The last time I recall it being this much of a challenge to remain ignorant was the OJ Simpson trial. But I’ve done what I don’t always do, but what seems fundamentally the right thing to do. I’ve ignored it. See, I don’t take any joy or pleasure in feeding, like the media, on the psychological or social self-destruction of a human being. I’ll pray for him. I try to pray for everyone in distress as much as I can remember to do so. But just because they’re trying to shove a story down my throat, that doesn’t mean I have to swallow. Remember, it’s not only religion people do this with.

No comments: